During our DT lessons, we have been finding out what equipment we need to use when making our Pitta Pockets. We learnt how to safely use a knife, grater and vegetable peeler when preparing vegetables and fruit for our Pitta Pockets.
Romans and Celts Assembly
Year 3HTL have been looking at imperative verbs and how to use them in a set of instructions. We gave our partner a set of instructions on how to clean some paint off a stone.
Here are some of the instructions we gave:
- Now polish the stone on both sides.
- Pour the liquid onto the scourer.
- Brush the toothbrush onto the stone.
- Use the scourer to scrub all the paint off.
- Rinse the stone in the water.
- Pour the soap onto the stone and scrub with the scourer.
- Polish the grey dull stone with the toothbrush.
- Scrub the stone with the sponge.
- Dry the stone with the cloth.
Light and Shadow
Our Science topic this term is Light and Shadow and 3HTL have been investigating reflective and non-reflective surfaces. The children also set up an investigation to prove that light always travels in a straight line.
Holy People of God
After reading St Paul’s letter to the Colossians the children of 3HTL used freeze-frame actions to demonstrate the qualities and behaviours that the holy people of God should show towards each other.
Read the scripture at home - Colossians3:12-17
To start the year, 3HTL thought about the behaviours and attitudes which we wanted to experience in our classroom so we looked at Jesus’ teachings to guide us. In the Beatitudes, Jesus tells the people how their actions can make themselves and others happy and how this will be rewarded by God. We discussed and wrote our class Beatitudes linked to these teachings (Matthew 5:1-12)